Don’t be had… Again!
Career politician Thad Altman is running for re-election again. Altman's net worth recently reached $1 million, helped in part by the taxpayer funded $159K annual salary he receives from the Astronaut Memorial Foundation. Citing a background in construction, Altman recently admitted he has no experience in the aerospace industry whatsoever, and his sole qualifications are the fact he's been an elected official for so many years. Altman's salary accounts for almost a third of the revenue the Foundation receives from the proceeds of the Space Shuttle specialty license plates.
A career dedicated to bigger government, more spending and higher taxes
Altman has served as an elected official in one capacity or another in Brevard County for more than 30 years. During that time he’s established a track record of voting for bigger government, more spending and higher taxes – the opposite of what Republicans are supposed to stand for. He has consistently received an “F” rating from the Liberty First Network on their annual Legislative Score Card since its inception in 2014. His votes on the Brevard County Commission were so questionable he ended up one of the subjects of a book called “Brevard Good Ole Boys”.
- Commission, 1989 – Voted to build the Habitat and the Savannahs golf courses while on County Commission
- Senate, 2011 – Joined Senator Arthenia Joyner, D-Tampa, in lawsuit against Governor Scott to force acceptance of federal transportation funding for high speed rail
- Senate, 2015 – Voted for 0002A to expand Medicaid (Obamacare).
- House, 2018 – Voted for the largest budget in Florida history – $88.7 billion
- Commission, 1989 – Voted to increase property taxes by the maximum amount allowed by law, 10%
- Senate, 2009 – While Chair of the Senate Finance Committee Altman agenda’d and voted for SB1778 – the largest increase in vehicle registration and driver license fees in Florida history .